Francois Ozon’s gripping drama follows three men who band together to dismantle the code of silence that continues to protect a priest who abused them decades ago. Based on the events from 2019., conviction of Cardinal Philippe Barbarin of Lyon for concealing the conduct of Father Bernard Preynat, By The Grace Of God compassionately illustrates the varying effects of trauma on survivors and their families in this urgent portrait of resistance, the power of mobilization, and the mysteries of faith.
This brilliant drama, based on the testimonies of men who were abused in childhood by a priest, is being compared to Spotlight, the film about the sins of the Catholic church in America. Francois Ozon received the Silver Bear Grand Jury Prize at the Berlinale!
Aug 26, 18,30 – Zimsko kino
- Original title: „Grâce à Dieu“ )
- Country of origin: France, Belgium / 2018
- Length: 137 minutes
- Director: François Ozon
- Screenplay: François Ozon
- DOP: Manuel Dacosse
- Editing: Laure Gardette
- Cast: Melvil Poupaud, Denis Ménochet, Swann Arlaud
- Producers: Eric Altmayer, Nicolas Altmayer, David Ragonig
- Production company: Mandarin Films