Inspired by the riots of 2005. in Paris suburbs, the film revolves around three members of an anti-crime brigade who are overrun while trying to make an arrest. Les Misérables is a 2019 French drama directed and co-written by Ladj Ly, based on his short film of the same name. It was selected to compete for the Palme d’Or at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival. At Cannes the film won the Jury Prize.
The biggest revelation and one of the laureates of this year’s Cannes Festival (Grand Prix) is a contemporary police drama that takes the viewers into the notorious Paris suburb of Montfermeil, the setting of Victor Hugo’s Les Misérables.
Aug 23, 21,00 – Ljetno kino
- Original title: Les Misérables
- Country of origin: France / 2019
- Length: 102 minutes
- Director: Ladj Ly
- Screenplay: Ladj Ly, Giordano Gederlini, Alexis Manenti
- DOP: Julien Poupard
- Editing: Flora Volpelière
- Cast: Damien Bonnard, Alexis Manenti, Djibril Zonga
- Producers: Toufik Ayadi, Christophe Barral
- Production company: Srab Films