This notice on the processing of personal data applies to all data subjects whose personal data are collected and processed in accordance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as Regulation) and the applicable laws of the Republic of Croatia by www.rabfilmfestival.com (hereinafter: the Controller).
By making this notice public, we ensure its availability to all data subjects whose data we collect before actually collecting the data. In this way, we make sure that we have legally obtained your consent as a data subject for the collection and processing of your personal data.
WHO ARE WE?
We are an investigative film festival and we organise film screenings and music performances.
You can contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal data are any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual (data subject), who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to information such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
In order to be able to provide our services, we have to collect certain personal information. We undertake to only collect data necessary to achieve a purpose, which, at the same time, do not put your privacy at risk.
Should your data be used for marketing or other purposes for which we do not have a legal basis or which are not part of our legitimate interest, we will ask for your additional written consent.
Depending on how and for what reason you contact us, we may collect the following data:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Year of birth (in order to know if you are over 16 years of age and thus legally able to give consent for the processing of your personal data or if we should ask the holder of parental responsibility for consent)
- Address for the delivery of items that have been ordered or won
- Mobile number or fixed phone number
- IP Address
The personal data we collect will be used for the purpose of providing our service to you or entering into a business relationship with you; we also collect your personal data when you enter your films into competitions, offer other ways of doing business, participate in the prize contest, or connect with us on social networks. In order to provide our services to you, we need your personal information. Should we intend to use your personal data for other purposes, the Controller shall obtain your consent prior to the processing.
We collect and process your personal data in order to consider your applications for business collaboration, to provide you with the information you have requested about the festival, its content and programme, to prevent unauthorised activity, to send you messages in relation to our business collaboration, excluding marketing messages for which we have to obtain your additional consent. We also need your personal information to make it possible for you to share content from our website on your social media accounts.
In cases where the personal data of children or persons under 16 years of age are collected, such information may be given by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. A child’s personal data will be collected solely for the purpose of presenting the child with an award as part of social media prize contests.
The personal data of children collected for the aforementioned purposes will be deleted after the prize contest has finished and the award has been given.
In cases of business relationships, the personal data we collect are: the first and last name, e-mail address and phone number of the person we are collaborating with.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process and retain your personal data during our ongoing business relationship and we store them for a period of one year from the date of its termination, except in the case of an earlier withdrawal of your consent in relation to any of the data for which we do not have a legal or contractual basis, i.e. legitimate interest.
Children’s personal data will be deleted immediately after the prize contest is completed, i.e. after the prize has been awarded to the child, which is the sole purpose for which we collect personal information from children.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect, use, process and store the personal data you have entrusted to us in accordance with European regulations on the protection of personal data and the laws of the Republic of Croatia. We will make sure that the processed data are accurate and up-to-date and stored for no longer than the envisaged retention period. We undertake not to ask irrelevant and unnecessary questions. The information you provide us with will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We will share your personal data with third parties only if we have your consent, in case that we have to fulfil our legal obligations or if sharing is necessary to protect your interests or to provide the service you have requested from us. Each third party is required to store your data and use it only to fulfil contractual obligations or to act on our behalf.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS A PERSONAL DATA OWNER?
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of all your data we process
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request the correction of your data we process, if the data is inaccurate
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can request your data to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – when certain conditions apply in the processing of your data, you have the right to restrict such data processing
- Right to data portability – it is your right to transfer your data, which we process, to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of your personal data processing (e.g. direct marketing)
- Right to refuse automated data processing, including profiling – you have the right to challenge the legal effects of the automated processing of your personal data
- Right to court proceedings – Should we refuse to comply with the right of access, the reason for refusal will be stated. You may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Croatian Personal Data Protection Agency) or directly with us using the contact information we have provided in WHO ARE WE?
LINKING TO OTHER WEBSITES
Cookies are text files placed on your computer by an Internet server in order to remember your activities and settings the next time you visit the same page. Cookies allow users to customise and adjust the website settings in order to have a more enjoyable user experience, while showing us which parts of our website are visited by a particular user, helping us to measure advertising effectiveness, and providing insight into how users behave, so that www.rabfilmfestival.com can improve its website.
Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user, so it is not possible to reveal the user’s personal information.
You can find information on how to change the settings of some of the most often used web browsers at the following links: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Opera. More details on cookies and on how to change your browser settings can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are divided into categories according to their source, duration and functionality.
According to the source, we use:
- First-party cookies – cookies that come from our website, which may be permanent or temporary; in this way we can keep the data that will be used again the next time you visit our site), and
According to duration, cookies may be:
- Temporary – they are removed from your device immediately after the Internet browser is closed, i.e. they are only stored during your visit to the website, and
- Permanent – they remain on your device even after the Internet browser is closed
According to functionality, cookies may be:
- Necessary – cookies that are necessary for the operation of our website and the use of its features and services. For instance, they allow you to navigate the website and to sign in to secure areas. By using this website, you automatically give your consent to the use of necessary cookies without which the website does not work
- Performance cookies collect information on how visitors use our website, for example, which parts of the site visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect data that identify visitors. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous. They are only used to improve how this website works
- Functionality cookies allow our website to remember the choices and adjustments you have made during your visit and provide enhanced personal features. For example, they remember the changes in language settings or currency preferences. They can also be used to enable third parties to provide social sharing tools and to remember your preferred sharing services
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors through the website. The intent is to show ads that are relevant and interesting to a particular user
The types of cookies we use can be found at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage